All Is Good الحمد لله

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Ramadhan has come and passed. May Allah forgive us for our negligence in it and accept our efforts for His sake, ameen. Thoughts have thundered and passed. Memories linger and leave me with questions but no answers. I suppose it's another lesson to learn. All anxieties have indeed come to fruition, almost to the point of wondering about the worth of my decision, but I know it had to be made and I am content with where I am despite the challenges of a transition. I remind myself that gratitude (shukr) must surpass any feelings of sadness (huzn). This is undoubtedly the best for it is as the Almighty wills. Alhamdulillah for all.
***

My 5-year-old niece gave me a moment's pause this morning.

"Farzeen Khala, why don't you get married?" she asked.

"Uhh...Because nobody asked me," I said. That wasn't entirely true, so I said, "Well someone asked me, but some things about him irritated me."

She then said something about her brothers and how they bother her but she still likes them. 

"Yes, that's true, but I don't think I could have lived nicely with him," I said.

"I believe in Allah," she said. Unsure of where she was going with her words, I waited for her to continue. "I really believe in Allah. Do you remember when I was four years old? There was a swing (glider) at the park that I was really scared of.. do you remember?

"Uh huh" I said, not quite sure which "swing" she meant since I had left before she turned four.

"Well, now it's easy and I'm not scared anymore."

"I see. It seems you're trying to teach me a lesson here Fatimah. What should I learn from your story?"

"Well, if you really believe in Allah, then maybe he, i.e. that guy, won't bother you so much."

I said, "Well that's why I ask Allah guide to me to what is best for me and to open my heart to what is best because I don't know."

She said, "Why don't you just pick someone and ask?"

"Do you mean I should ask someone to marry me?" I asked.

"Yah."

"Well, I can't just go and talk to brothers like that. It's not appropriate."

"I can do it for you," she offered.

"You'll go to a brother and say "hey brother, do you want to marry my Farzeen Khala?"

"Yah" she said with barely a moment's hesitation.

I smiled at the thought. "That's very kind of you. I think it's better we leave it with Allah. He will take care of it and give us what is best for us."

***
May we always find ourselves firmly connected to a good opinion of our Gracious Lord, upon Whom we depend and Whose guidance we seek and need. Ameen

No comments:

"Do you think that you will enter the Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They encountered suffering and adversity and were so shaken in spirit that even the Apostle and those of faith who were with him cried: 'When (will come) the help of God?' Ah! Verily the help of God is (always) near!" [2:214]

Archives

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Inspiration

"Be mindful of God, and God will protect you. Be mindful of God, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of God. If you seek help, seek help of God. Know that if the whole world were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that God had already prescribed for you. And if the whole world were to gather together to harm you, it would harm you only with something that God has already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the ink has dried."
--Prophet Muhammad [peace be upon him]